![]() |
| early morning worshiper |
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
We are in a war for the mind and the heart of the Filipino people...
The enemy is crafty and he fights dirty.
But we do not lose hope.
And we need to be prepared to discern his tactics and to outsmart him.
We are in a different kind of war.
Worship and intercession go together, not only because worship is our protection as we enter enemy territory. More importantly, it is in worship where we grow in intimacy with the Father; it is in intimacy where the throne room secrets and kingdom strategies for our warfare are given.
Worship arms us with strength, God's perfect timing, and divine guidance.
There is a time of war... and there is a time of peace. I truly believe that the peace part is when we are on our knees before God, getting to know His heart, gazing at His face, drawing near.
Worship brings my soul into peace.
My prayer:
My Father, I kneel before You this morning in worship.
Guide me continually,
Satisfy my soul in drought,
Strengthen my bones;
Make me as a well watered garden,
...like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Help me build the old waste places;
Help me raise up the foundations of many generations;
I so desire to be called the "Repairer of the Breach,"
the "Restorer of Streets to Dwell In."
As I worship you, dear Lord, spare our nation from evil laws.
Expose the enemy and teach us how to outsmart him.
Forgive our lawmakers and people for grieving your heart.
But in wrath, remember mercy dear Father.
Spare this country from further calamities...
As we humble ourselves before you, forgive our sins, and heal our land.
And dear Father, Jehovah Rophe... thank you in advance for the complete healing and full recovery of my precious grandson, Forerunner.
Amen.
The other one is an awesome song of heavenly worship, written by Terry MacAlmon after the Lord gave him a vision of angels, elders, and throngs of the redeemed bowing in worship. He saw thousands and thousands of little children in white robes dancing before the throne, in his spirit someone whispered that these are all the aborted babies of the world, fully alive and made whole, dancing with joy and thanksgiving before their Rescuer. It is a song born out of that heavenly vision, the song of the angels and elders before the throne of God.

16 comments:
Our lives run in such parallels, Lidia. As I think I told you, Gary preached on the "fasting" part of Matthew 6, having already covered charitable giving and prayer...
The Scripture passage we read congregationally was Isaiah 58!
Praying with you for your grandson, trusting he is home and well-recovered. Praying for your dear nation and the same prayer for our own.
I passed on your short account of flooding to Amber (her facebook post yesterday morning alerted me to the fact that "something" was going on there....).
I love you, my dear sister.
Praise God for all you and the other prayer warriors there. I am really touched of your concern for the nation and for the people. I am with you in prayer. Anyway, whatever happens, we are in the hands of God. Thanks for the nice instrumental song. Lovely. And I am gald na ok na ang apo mo. I have family there too that I am entrusting lives to our savior everyday. They are in my prayer too. Have a blessed day!
I had been praying for the waters to subside as I saw the news about the endless rain over there, displacing many from their homes. I am praying that it would rather be a flood of His grace to flood those hearts needing His salvation...I pray for continued healing for Forerunner...When I first witnessed this unseen battle I didn' t know was the start of the Lord's prep for what I do at work, the 1st Scripture He showed me was Ephesians 6:10. No wonder...He reminded me that since then I was in a battle needing His power and might. How could we face unseen enemies if we don' t have His supernatural arsenal of weapons? I agree...It is by having a close relationship & it is our obedience that help us always be filled by the Spirit. And through our precious Councellor, we are told about the things of God.
It took me many years before I was able to visit there and it saddened me how a lot of moral values did seem to have slipped away. I left with a heavy heart and a grieving spirit that I prayed for His revival over there. I could see your heart's cries regarding that bill if passed. A tactic from the spiritual enemy to blind the young ones and to hinder one's true understanding of what is right in His eyes. May the Lord bless you sister and protect you and your family.
I pray your grandson is better and home. Hopefully your nation will not go the way our nation has...legalizing abortion and now same sex marriage is being pushed very had as the norm in the USA. Everything seems to be tolerated here except Christianity. I pray for our nation too.
When you combine worship and praise with heart felt prayer things begin to happen. I pray your grandson starts feeling better soon and that all your prayers will be answered especially the prayers for your nation.
Thank you for the intercession, sister Lidj.
I am praying with you and I hope today you have been checked out of the hospital and your grandson fully recovered.
As of the floods, we pray that the drain-out system will be solved immediately.
It is very true that intercession should come after worship.
Thanks for this, sister Lidj.
Hi Lidia, So sorry to hear about Forerunner, I pray for healing over his body and peace to his family for their concern. Lidia, this is a very hard time for me, I can't quite express it on my blog just yet, I'm still struggling with some issues. God has me on a new journey in my life, feeling a little scared, but I know I'm in good hands, his hands . . . waiting in faith to see where he takes me. Please keep me in your prayers my friend, Blessings, xo
I'm thinking of 2 Chronicles 20 this morning as I read this . . . how worship preceded victory for the people of God. Oh how I pray your nation will stand strong in this season of great conflict. I need to pray more fervently for my country; we're in a mess over here, a real moral mess. When the church struggles to figure it out, well, the nation does as well.
Prayers~elaine
Hello sweet Lidia. I enjoyed your post, especially Isa. 58 and pray your grandson's healing will "spring forth speedily" (vs. 14). My church supports dear friends Mike and Ethyl Keyes, in the Phillipines ~ they oversee 25 churches there. Do you know them? Blessings to you.
Hi again. The Keyes ministry is based in Ozamiz City, Mindanao.
It rained Thursday - and it brought me great joy here - my heart grieves that it is bringing calamity there. Praying for your country, for safety, for receding waters. Hoping that your grandson is hope, healthy and growing stronger. It is such a blessing to have a praying family like you have.
Our country has struggled with the same issue. Hope that life prevails. While our leadership in our country struggles making moral choices that reflect the Christian character that founded our country, I find hope that there is a remnant in our country that remain with the Father, seeking his way - and that there will be a revival of His ways and relationship with Him.
I hope you don't mind - but I quoted a line from one of your posts and linked to you - it is something that stayed with me - and is helping me to establish a way to celebrate His blessings and help us teach about His miracles to our sons. You have so blessed me!
Maryleigh
Lidia,
Your words speak depth to me, that intercession is not sufficient without proper worship.Visiting your words are like sitting at the feet of a prophet. Thank you for the time you spend in worship because it translates into what you write.
Lidia,
It's been awhile. But I am glad I stopped by to be encouraged and uplifted by your article. I have seen on the news about the floods in Philipines and even about the bill on Rh. I know God has a good plan for your country. I do pray your grandson will get better and God will answer your favourably.
God bless and much love,,
Your sister, Gladwell
Hi, Lidia:
I forgot how worshipful Terry MacAlmon is. Thank you for taking me to that holy place with you today, worshipping our Rescuer! I love your post and join with you for your nation as well as mine and repent and pray before our Father God today.
Thank you for your friendship. I took a little hiatus from my blog preparing for the kids' visit and our celebration. Thank you for stopping by, praying and caring. You are golden, my sister! Love you.
I'm back....and wondering about the condition of your country...
Result of elections? Flooding? And how is your grandson? ♥
Lidia,
When I come by, your message always speaks to my challenges and my joys - and your perspective opens my eyes. Today, an ambassador of peace in challenging situations. I'd never thought about it that way - I always thought about persevering or having to fight for a foothold. I was just reading about Jacob and Rebekah this week as I studied for my MIL Chronicles - and the wells - how he didn't fight - and moved on until there was "room enough" - oh, you connected the dots for me. Sometimes not fighting is not giving up - sometimes it is an Opposite Day Thing with God, isn't it!
Then you taught me about the clouds - and I will never look at clouds the same again - and you moved to the Shutting the Door behind - oh - you have given me much with this feast of soul bread!
It is blessing when I stop everything and come visit. I rejoice that God brought you to restoration, that you chose Jacob's kind of peace - I guess since he wrestled so much he had finally learned when to fight and when not to.
Maryleigh
Post a Comment