
Initially I was reluctant about this; I am not in any way a computer wiz. I was also afraid going into blogging would eat up a lot of my time, or distract me from my true purpose for being here in Thailand.
For many weeks, all I had in this blogspot was the header with the blog title.
Then one night, I decided to write my first post What's In A Name. I prayed that God would give me the right words, and to choose which story to share out of the many life stories stored up in my heart.
That was in February 2008, six months ago. I think I've gone a long way. Posting entries and pictures was not as complicated as I thought, and I already know the simple steps involved in layouting, customizing and organizing my blog.
So, what are my reasons for blogging?
My first reason, already stated above, was to comply with Jenny's request.
I have since then thought of other good reasons. The top most reason is to give glory to my Creator, my God. In sharing my life openly with any reader who happens to land in my blog, I have a chance to show that He is at work in the universe, in my life. Through my writings I want to share how my heavenly Father has led me through many paths, how I have stumbled and fallen, only to rise again, how I am a woman being transformed as I journey on toward the heart of God.
Another reason is for myself, that I may express and articulate through words and pictures the many thoughts inside my heart and mind. Without expression, they would just remain clumps and clusters of word pictures, images, impulses and sensations. Writing my thoughts down has helped clarify my stand about certain things, and has brought light to many issues that have bothered me. It enables me to see the progress I have made, and encourages me to move on.
An important reason for blogging is to enable my friends and loved ones who are far from me have an easy "access" to me! All they have to do is log in, and they are updated with what is going on in my life. In a way, they may be even more privileged than the people who are near me, as I do not usually sit down and talk as openly with them as I would pour out my feelings in a blog post.
One other reason, and a valuable one to me, is that this blog enables me to write to my loved ones on important occasions of their lives, such as a birthday, or an anniversary. I am a firm believer in imparting words of blessing to the living, rather than to the dead. These words of blessing are powerful in building up and speaking life to my beloved friends and family. Blogging has enabled me to do that very easily, and with wonderful results.
Of course blogging has its setbacks. In writing blog posts, I have to always remember that there is a whole world out there, and I have really no idea as to who will end up reading what I write. So I always pour much prayer into this effort, asking God to help me, to protect my words, to anoint my mind and fingertips I want to make sure that each blog entry I publish online will give Him glory and honor.
I have already decided that I will not be defined by the number of hits that my blogspot gets. In my heart there is always the belief that on any given day, God could direct a reader to my blog who will need to read the very things I am saying at that very moment. So, I want to be sure that the Spirit of Truth is always guiding me in my faith, and that I will never be an agent for leading anyone astray eternally.
5 comments:
Dear Crown of Beauty, I have nominated you for the "I Love Your Blog" Award. Check out my latest post. Have a fantastic God-day!
Manang Lidj, your words of wisdom, so gentle and true... they always inpire me. I love you in the love of the Lord!
Serving Him with you,
Jenny
I am glad you blog!
I choose to enjoy the process too... It's nice to get comments and support but I always tell myself to remember that a key reason why I blog is because it relaxes me.
I enjoy the process and the people I meet... but I don't want to get crazy about it all...
Elizabeth
Thank you for sharing your posts! I’m very fortunate to be one of your many blog readers! you have great writing skills and your choice of content is truly remarkable! And more importantly, I want to take this moment to thank you for leading me closer to God with your blog posts!
Post a Comment